So, yesterday we debunked the Leicester Mercury article – http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/business/leicestershire-faces-labour-crisis-one-483038 – about the KPMG survey and Ian Borley, Senior Partner at KPMG Leicester’s comments about the labour crisis as apparently, one-in-three EU workers threaten to quit the UK post-Brexit!
So today when we viewed the Leicester Mercury – http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/business/ – we see the following:-
- £1Billion plans for new roads in Leicestershire
- 150,000 new homes to be built
- M&S are creating 1000 new jobs
- Boden are creating hundreds of new jobs
- Access Group are creating 500 new jobs in Loughborough
- MIRA are building a new £9.5 Million Skills centre that will have 2500 training places
The list goes on!
So, we’re sat scratching our heads a little with the ‘doom & gloom’ that we see put about this is a time to be & remain positive.
We are at a unique point where we can really make a positive change that will be of great benefit to us today, tomorrow & the next. Don’t you think?